Research Paper Guides
- Making web quotes
- Economics class midterm paper topics
- Creating a winning research paper easily
- Free literary research project examples
- Getting a research paper template
- Writing a cell structure research project
- A research project with no plagiarism
- History research project writing hints
- 8th grade research paper writing basics
Where To Look For Good Samples Of APA Research Papers Online: Vital Advice
What is APA Style?
An American Psychological Association approved style of writing research papers; the APA style is usually preferred by researchers working in various areas within behavioral science.
How can I tell if a paper is in the APA Style?
Any APA style paper has to follow a standard set of rules. When looking for a sample, make sure that the paper follows the following major rules:
- An APA paper must include the following four sections:
- The Title Page: This includes the title of the paper, the author’s name and if applicable, the name of the university or college.
- Abstract: This is a summary of 150 to 250 words which includes a description of everything the paper is about, including the basic research question, the theory on which the work is based, the methodology and results.
- Main Body: This section includes the introduction which usually starts out talking broadly about the subject area and ends up proposing the reason for the research. This is followed by the literature review, the methodology used, the actual research and the result.
- References: References are listed as author’s last name followed by initial. This is followed by the date of publication or date last edited, followed by the title of the resource.
- Everything in the above mentioned sections is double-spaced.
- A “Running Head” is a truncated name of the paper and is included at the top of every page.
- The page number is at the top right of every page.
- All pages have one-inch margins from all sides.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all the APA standard rules but should give you more than enough information about a paper to know if it is the right style.
Where do I look for samples of APA style papers?
There are multiple online resources on which APA style papers are available:
- University Websites
- Professional Websites
- Search Engines
Search university websites, including your own. Quite a few will contain APA format guides including samples.
Professional writing websites online provide essay or research paper writing services. Access to most is through subscription; however, most also have samples of APA papers placed there as a marketing tool. The samples are frequently of good quality.
You can find an improbably high number of sample APA papers using popular public search engines. Using the APA guideline rules listed above, you can separate the good from the bad. Specialist academic databases like JSTOR carry thousands of journals but are mostly limited by paid access. Your college library may have a subscription. Good luck searching!